Road Traffic Law

Road Traffic Services Ealing

Have you recently been charged with a road traffic offence?  Perhaps you need a clean licence for work and want to fight the charge.  Or maybe you simply feel you have been unjustly treated and want to see justice done.  Whatever misfortune has come your way, you can be reassured that by dealing with our specialist road traffic team, you will be given a fighting chance.

We provide a wide range of services and commonly assist clients with charges related to:

  • Speeding
  • Mobile phone use
  • Careless driving
  • Inconsiderate driving
  • |Dangerous driving
  • Drunk driving
  • Driving under the influence of substances
  • Parking offences

Speeding – fighting a speeding charge

The majority of speeding offences are captured by speed camera  devices.  The majority of these devices are GATSO cameras.  I’m sure you’ve seen those familiar grey boxes which litter the roadside all over the country.  That’s a GATSO camera.  Although the technology is improving, at present many GATSO cameras are incapable of taking photos of the driving, which means the driver has to report their details to a local police station.  If you have evidence to say that you were not driving the car at the time of the offence, combined with the fact that you were been recorded driving the car, you have a good chance of fighting the charge as any criminal offence must be proven beyond reasonable doubt (more than 99%).

You can also argue that cameras are faulty and/or improperly calibrated.  If you were caught by a hand-held device, you could argue that the office operating the device did not follow operational guidelines and/or received inadequate training.  If you were physically stopped by the police, we can examine whether you were charged according to the procedural rules of PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act).

Parking fines

Did you know that 60% of people who fight a parking fine win?  If you decide to do the same, the odds are very much in your favour.  To fight a parking fine, you will need to make an application to the council.  They can either choose to accept the claim or reject it outright.  If the later, you can take your claim to a parking tribunal.

These are just a few examples of what we can do to help.  To understand your charge in greater detail, get in touch with us to speak to our road traffic team or book your free initial consulation.

Tips and Documents

There are no documents attached to this page